Ellerslie Dental Studio Reopening Announcement
COVID-19 has been a very difficult time for all of us and with the shut down of routine dentistry. We understand that many of you have been forced to wait for non-emergency dental care. We truly appreciate your understanding while we were closed for general dental services to do our part to control the spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19).
We are happy to say that we have reopened our office for patient treatment as of May 19, 2020. Our hours of operation will be as before to accommodate your schedule more easily. Your health and well being continue to be our highest priority as we carefully prepare and update our practice procedures, as well as train our dental team to do all that we can to minimize the risk of COVID-19 for our patients and team members. Please be assured that we will be taking care of you just as well as we will be taking care of our own families.
For your peace of mind and preparation the following information is to provide you with a safe dental treatment experience including, but not limited to, the following:
Day Before Your Appointment
• You will be emailed the intake screening forms to review, answer and sign to bring with you to your appointment. These forms can also be found on our website (www.ellersliedentalstudio.com) under the patient information section. The most pertinent form for our existing patients is the COVID-19 Patient Consent Form which requires completion to receive treatment at our clinic at this time. Please advise us if you develop any cold or flu-like symptoms prior to your scheduled appointment so that we can reschedule your visit accordingly. Please plan to bring your own mask or facial covering (ie. Scarf) to your appointment.
Upon Your Arrival at the Office
● Please wait in your car or outside the office until your scheduled appointment time and give us a call at 780-455-7645 to let us know you have arrived. The front door will remain locked to control foot traffic in our clinic and ensure that proper social distancing guidelines are being followed.
● ONLY scheduled patients will be allowed entry into the office. **Parents and other family members will be asked to wait outside whenever possible. If this is not possible then only 1 parent may accompany their child if the child is under 18 years of age. 1 adult may be allowed to accompany their family member only if needed for language translation and consent to treatment issues. The accompanying individual must be free of cold and flu symptoms and wear a mask or facial covering while in the clinic.
● The office will text or call you when we are ready to see you. Please wear your mask and enter the office. If you do not have a mask we will provide you with one upon entry to the waiting area.
● We will be taking your temperature with a contactless thermometer and dispensing hand sanitizer for you upon initial entry. Please provide us with your completed COVID 19 patient consent form.
○ Note - Any patients showing signs of a fever or other symptoms of illness will be asked to reschedule their appointment.
● The waiting area chairs will be spaced apart to allow for 6 feet of distancing.
● We will ask that you continue to practice social distancing measures in common areas of the office at all times.
● The public areas, including restrooms, will be cleaned and sterilized frequently throughout the day. Please inform us if you have used our restroom during your visit to our office so that we can promptly disinfect any door handles and faucets for others.
● All rooms will be COMPLETELY sterilized before each patient is seated. We will be seeing only a limited number of patients at any given time to reduce traffic in our office.
● All operatories/treatment rooms have one way entry and exit to more safely guide you through our office. Floor markings will be clearly indicated for you to follow.
● Our team will STRICTLY follow guidelines set forth by public health and our dental governing bodies.
● The dental team has all needed personal protective equipment (PPE).
● During patient care appropriate masks and/or face shields and gloves will be worn by everyone and changed between patients.
● All surfaces that came in contact with the patient will be wiped with disinfectant including the patient chair and the accessory chair where the patient placed their personal items and/or coat hanger.
● One of our clinical staff members will guide you from the waiting room to the dental operatory/treatment room. Upon entry to the operatory we will ask you to have a seat and rinse with a peroxide mouthwash for 30 seconds to reduce potential transmissibility. After the completion of your appointment we will ask that you wash your hands and again put on your mask or facial covering to exit the operatory and make your way to the reception area.
Checking Out After Your Appointment
● Clear panels will be in place at the front desk to protect against sneeze droplets. Please stand directly in front of these barriers while signing any forms or making any payments with our administrative staff.
● After every transaction, the checkout desk and glass will be wiped with a disinfectant. We will be regularly cleaning and disinfecting all door handles in between patients.
● We will offer credit or debit payment upon completion at the front desk.
o We will be calling you within a few days after your appointment to ensure that you are doing well and to ask if you have developed any signs or symptoms of COVID-19 to help do our part with contact tracing to help protect our team members and patients as per our Association’s recommendations.
We are proceeding with an abundance of caution, but we want you to feel as confident as we do that any visit you make to our office will be a safe one.
We look forward to seeing you soon!
Ellerslie Dental Studio